Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for UC San Diego Health patients and visitors. Learn More.
- NeurologyDementia, Headache, Stroke
About Wali Qayoumi, MD
Wali Qayoumi, MD, is a board-certified neurologist who treats conditions such as strokes, seizures, headaches, multiple sclerosis, and dementia. He also focuses on neuromuscular conditions, including myasthenia, Guillain-Barré syndrome, myotonic dystrophy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Charcot-Marie Tooth disease, and dermatomyositis.
In his practice, Dr. Qayoumi does procedures such as electromyogram/nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS) and botulinum toxin for spasticity.
He enjoys forming a bond with patients while making a diagnosis and recommending the best course of treatment.
Dr. Qayoumi completed a neuromuscular medicine fellowship at UC San Diego School of Medicine. He did his residency training in neurology at the University of Kentucky. He earned his medical degree at the University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences.
He is a member of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN), American Academy of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM), and American Neurological Association (ANA).
In his free time, Dr. Qayoumi enjoys hiking, cooking, and playing the piano. In addition to English, he is fluent in French.
- University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences, Toledo, OH
- University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Conditions and Treatments
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Botulinum Toxin for Muscle Spasticity
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Seizure Disorder