About Cecilia Gutierrez, MD
Cecilia Gutierrez, MD, is a board-certified family medicine doctor. She provides primary care for patients of all ages, including preventive care and treatment of acute and chronic diseases.
Dr. Gutierrez's approach to medicine is to blend the scientific principles of medicine with the psychosocial needs of patients; to promote preventive medicine, well-being and in engaging patients in shared decision making.
As a professor of family medicine and public health, Dr. Gutierrez is involved in training medical students and residents at UC San Diego School of Medicine. She has received numerous teaching awards including the California Academy of Family Medicine, Barbara Harris " Educator of the Year Award" in 2010.
Dr. Gutierrez completed her residency training at UC San Diego School of Medicine. She earned her medical degree at UC Irvine College of Medicine.
She speaks Spanish fluently.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information on family medicine, see Primary Care.
- UC Irvine, School of Medicine, Irvine, CA
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Family Medicine
Conditions and Treatments
- Family Practice
- Care for All Ages
- Comprehensive Care for the Individual and Family
- Overall Health and Well-Being
- Management of Common and Long-Term Illnesses in Children and Adults