About Steven Plaxe, MD
Steven Plaxe, MD, is a gynecologic oncologist who treats women with cancer of their reproductive organs. This includes cancer of the cervix, fallopian tubes, ovaries, uterus, vagina and vulva. He also treats endometrial cancer.
Dr. Plaxe is a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and of the American College of Surgeons. He is director of the Division of Gynecologic Oncology. He is a member of the Cancer Prevention and Control Committee of the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) and is principal investigator at UC San Diego for Gynecologic Oncology Group studies.
He received the Raphael Durfee Physician of the Year Award from the Thrivers Network in 1997 and has been nationally recognized for excellence in residency education. Dr. Plaxe is widely published in medical journals in the field of gynecologic oncology and is active in a number of professional organizations related to his specialty. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Dr. Plaxe in the top 1% of OB/GYN physicians in the nation.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Moores Cancer Center.
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Mount Sinai, School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
Date Joined Staff
- Gynecologic Oncology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Conditions and Treatments
- Invasive Gynecologic Malignancy
Meet Steven Plaxe, MD: Gynecologic OncologistMore videos
- Choose UC San Diego Health for truly personalized cancer care at San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center.