For more information on our recent data notice, please click here
- Pulmonology (Lung)Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy (PTE), Pulmonary Vascular Disease
New Patient Registration:
Existing Patients:MyUCSDChart Login
About Kim M. Kerr, MD
Kim M. Kerr, MD, is a board-certified pulmonologist. Her clinical and research interests are in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension and critical care. Dr. Kerr attends on the pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE), the ICU, and pulmonary consult services. She is involved in both inpatient and outpatient clinical trials studying pulmonary vascular disease and critical care medicine.
Dr. Kerr is a professor in the Department of Medicine, where she instructs medical students, residents and fellows at UC San Diego School of Medicine. She completed fellowships in pulmonary disease and critical care medicine at both UCSF and UC San Diego School of Medicine. She earned her medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine. She is board certified in internal medicine, pulmonary disease and critical care medicine.
Dr. Kerr has repeatedly been named a top doctor in San Diego Magazine's "Physicians of Exceptional Excellence" annual survey performed in collaboration with the San Diego County Medical Society. In 2016, she was awarded UC San Diego Health's Attending Physician of the Year.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Vascular Pulmonology.
- Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- UC San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA
- Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Date Joined Staff
- Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
Conditions and Treatments
- Critical Care
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy (PTE)
- Pulmonary Vascular Disease