COVID-19 updates, including vaccine information, for our patients and visitors, Learn More
About Carolyn Mulroney, MD
Carolyn Mulroney, MD, is a hematologist and medical oncologist who provides autologous and allogeneic transplants to adults with a wide range of blood cancers and blood disorders, including lymphoma, leukemia, anemia, Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH), myelodysplasia, multiple myeloma, light-chain (AL) amyloidosis and graft versus host disease (GVHD).
Dr. Mulroney offers chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy to adults with relapsed or refractory B-cell lymphoma, a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. CAR T-cell therapy harnesses the patient's own immune cells to recognize and kill cancer cells. It is just one of many types of personalized cancer therapies offered at UC San Diego Health.
Dr. Mulroney has had a clinical practice in San Diego since 1992.
She is a professor in the Department of Medicine at UC San Diego School of Medicine, where her research focuses on treatment of refractory lymphomas and Hodgkin's disease, allogeneic stem cell transplants, and graft versus host disease. She completed a fellowship in hematology and oncology at UC San Francisco, and a fellowship in hematology at University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle. Dr. Mulroney completed a residency in internal medicine at Duke University School of Medicine. She earned her medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She is board certified in hematology.
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- UC San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA
- University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Duke University, School of Medicine, Durham, NC
Date Joined Staff
Conditions and Treatments
- Hematologic Malignancies
- Bone Marrow Transplant and Hematology
- Acute Leukemia
- Stem Cell Transplantation for Hematologic and Non-Hematologic Indications
- Blood Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Graft Versus Host Disease
- Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-Cell Therapy
- Stem Cells
- Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplantation
- Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant