About Kyoko Sakamoto, MD
Kyoko Sakamoto, MD, is a board-certified urologist who specializes in laparoscopy and endourology. Her additional interests are neurourology and general urology. Dr. Sakamoto performs a number of minimally invasive endourologic procedures, including laparoscopic radical prostatectomy, laparoscopic kidney surgeries, and robotic surgeries. She also specializes in minimally invasive techniques for management of stones in the upper urinary tract.
In her research at UC San Diego, Dr. Sakamoto focuses on developing new, minimally invasive technologies for early diagnosis of urological diseases. She is also involved in basic science research studies in physiology and diseases in urology.
Before she joined the UC San Diego Health, Dr. Sakamoto was an assistant professor of Urology at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Illinois.
- Tulane University, School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Loyola University Medical School, Maywood, IL
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Urology
Conditions and Treatments
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer
- Robotic Prostatectomy
San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Choose UC San Diego Health for truly personalized cancer care at San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center.