COVID-19 updates, including vaccine information, for our patients and visitors, Learn More
- OphthalmologyCosmetic Eyelid & Reconstructive Surgery
About Don Kikkawa, MD
Dr. Kikkawa serves as division chief of ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery. This specialty combines traditional studies and patient care as an ophthalmologist with a fellowship in reconstruction and plastic surgery around the eyes. The extensive training uniquely qualifies these specialists to perform delicate surgery on the eyelids, around the eyes, the drainage system, and on the bones around of the eye. Dr. Kikkawa finds the field very gratifying; reversing the effects of aging, restoring a normal appearance to disfigured trauma or diseased patients, and eliminating vision-threatening tumors.
Respected for his knowledge and surgical experience, patients travel to San Diego from throughout the United States, as well as other countries, for Dr. Kikkawa's skills. He has hosted several highly praised medical conferences for his colleagues and was selected by them for Best Doctors in America. Additionally, Dr. Kikkawa serves as one of three Shiley specialists that comprise our unique Thyroid Eye Clinic to treat patients with this disfiguring and vision threatening disease.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Ophthalmology.
- Saint Louis University, School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI
- UC Los Angeles, Jules Stein Eye Center, Los Angeles, CA
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Conditions and Treatments
- Cosmetic/Reconstructive Surgery-Eyelid/Face
- Management of Thyroid Eye Disease