Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for UC San Diego Health patients and visitors. Learn More.
New Patient Registration:
About William R Freeman, MD
Dr. Freeman is an internationally acclaimed scientific researcher and Director of the Jacobs Retina Research Center, adjoining the UC San Diego Shiley Eye Institute. His work as director of the UC San Diego Jacobs clinical research center enables patients to benefit from the latest advances in diagnostic equipment and therapies. Researchers working in the Center's laboratories will focus on advancing promising therapies for macular degeneration, tumors, inherited retinal disease, retinal detachment, macular holes, and other important retinal diseases.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Ophthalmology.
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- UC San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Conditions and Treatments
- Complicated Uveitis and Retinitis
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Surgery