About Karim Kader, MD, PhD
Karim Kader, MD, Ph.D., is a board-certified urologist who specializes in detecting, treating, and preventing prostate cancer. Dr. Kader is nationally recognized for his expertise in performing robot-assisted radical cystectomy and urinary diversion for patients with bladder cancer. He holds several patents for genetic discoveries that show significant promise for early detection and prevention of prostate cancer. He is the principal investigator in numerous clinical research projects and has been published extensively.
As a professor in the Department of Urology, Dr. Kader instructs medical students, residents, and fellows at UC San Diego School of Medicine. His research interests include genetic markers of risk and outcome in urologic cancer.
Dr. Kader completed a fellowship in urologic oncology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and a residency in urology at the University of Toronto in Ontario, Canada. He earned his medical degree and a doctoral degree from the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, British Columbia. Dr. Kader is board certified in urology.
- The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Urology
Conditions and Treatments
- Bladder Cancer
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Prostate Cancer
Meet Kareem Kader, MD, PhD: Urologist and Urologic Cancer SpecialistMore videos
- Choose UC San Diego Health for truly personalized cancer care at San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center.