During open enrollment, choose San Diego's best health care. Get started.
About Peter Savino, MD
Peter J. Savino, MD is available for consultation on all potential Neuro-Ophthalmic disorders.
Dr. Savino previously practiced Neuro-Ophthalmology at Wills Eye Institute in Philadelphia and was Professor of Ophthalmology, Neurology and Neurosurgery at Thomas Jefferson Medical College, as well as Director of the Neuro-Ophthalmology Service at Wills Eye Institute.
He was the founding member of the Optic Neuritis Treatment Trial and has published extensively on optic neuritis as well as other disorders of the optic nerve and chiasm. Dr. Savino additionally has published on a variety of causes for double vision and eye movement disorders.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Ophthalmology.
- University of Bologna School of Medicine, Bologna, Italy
- Georgetown University, School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami, FL
Date Joined Staff
Conditions and Treatments
- Visual Field Defects
- Inflammatory Eye Diseases
- Atrophy and Neuropathy
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Brain and Nervous System Tumors
- Metabolic Eye Diseases
- Demyelinating Diseases
- Optic Neuritis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Vascular Disorders