Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for UC San Diego Health patients and visitors. Learn More.
About Cynthia Sawhney Santillan, MD
Dr. Santillan is a body imager who interprets computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and ultrasound (US) of the abdomen and pelvis. She strives to provide excellent patient care by working as a team with physicians throughout the medical center to diagnose and treat complicated medical problems.
As Chief of Body CT, she is constantly working to improve the quality of CT imaging at UCSD. Dr. Santillan lectures and serves as a moderator at national meetings, including the meetings of the American Roentgen Ray Society, Radiological Society of North America and Society of Gastrointestinal Radiologists.
She is actively involved in resident education. Her research interests include liver imaging and cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Washington University, School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
- Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, St. Louis, MO
Date Joined Staff
Conditions and Treatments
- Liver Imaging
- Imaging of the Small Bowel and Colon
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- MR and CT Enterography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Ultrasound for Neuraxial Block
- Ultrasound Imaging
- Body Imaging