COVID-19 updates, including vaccine information, for our patients and visitors, Learn More
About Sanjay Agarwal, MD, FACOG
Sanjay Agarwal, MD, is professor and director of fertility services in the UC San Diego Department of Reproductive Medicine. He is also director of the innovative UC San Diego Center for Endometriosis Research and Treatment (CERT).
Dr. Agarwal graduated from St. George's Hospital in the University of London, UK and then made his transition to America to complete an Ob-Gyn residency at Duke University. Following this, he went on to complete a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at UCLA and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Following the fellowship, Dr. Agarwal was on the faculty at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for eight years where he was the Director of the Center for Reproductive Medicine. Dr. Agarwal moved UC San Diego in 2003.
Dr. Agarwal is widely known for his research on endometriosis, which has focused on improving therapeutic options for women with this debilitating disease. Because of his expertise, he has been an invited speaker both nationally and internationally. Dr. Agarwal has also published many studies on improving treatment options for infertility. U.S. News & World Report and Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. have ranked Dr. Agarwal in the top one percent of reproductive endocrinologists in the nation. He has also been repeatedly cited as one of the Best Doctors in America by Best Doctors, Inc. and listed in San Diego Super Doctors.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Infertility.
- University of London, St. George's Hospital Medical School, London, UK
- UC Los Angeles, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Duke University, School of Medicine, Durham, NC
Date Joined Staff
Conditions and Treatments
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Uterine Fibroids
- Advanced Hysteroscopy
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Meet Sanjay Agarwal, MD, FACOG: Director of Fertility Services at UC San Diego HealthMore videos
- Tiny ice skaters on your uterus is how a patient with endometriosis describes the pain she lived with for nine years before being diagnosed. In this episode, Monica Cain shares her personal journey with the debilitating disorder, and Dr. Sanjay Agarwal talks about all things endometriosis, including the first new drug in a decade that is becoming a game changer.