- Pulmonology (Lung)Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy (PTE), Pulmonary Vascular Disease
About David Poch, MD
David Poch, MD, is a board-certified pulmonologist with a special focus in caring for patients with pulmonary vascular disease. He directs the pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) treatment program, and has expertise in providing diagnosis and treatment for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) and pulmonary embolism. UC San Diego Health is an internationally recognized center for treating all forms of pulmonary hypertension.
Dr. Poch is interested in investigating novel therapies for treating pulmonary vascular disease, as well as new approaches in evaluating disease severity and response to treatment. He has been published in several leading medical journals on topics including methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus pneumonia, the effect of body mass index on pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE) outcomes, and important risk factors for health-care-associated pneumonia.
Dr. Poch completed his fellowship training in pulmonary and critical care medicine at New York University School of Medicine, where he was awarded the Michael Jagen Award for his dedication, compassion, and professionalism. He also completed fellowship training in pulmonology at Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Poch completed his residency in internal medicine at New York Medical College-affiliated hospital, St. Vincent's Medical Center. He earned his medical degree at Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Dr. Poch is board certified in internal medicine, pulmonary disease and critical care medicine.
Outside of his medical practice, Dr. Poch enjoys mountain and road biking, skiing, photography and spending time with his wife, three children and pets.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Vascular Pulmonology.
- Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI
- Stanford University, School of Medicine, Stanford, CA
- New York Medical College, Saint Vincent's Hospital, New York, NY
- Brown University, School of Medicine, Providence, RI
- NYU Medical Center, Bellevue Hospital, New York, NY
Date Joined Staff
- Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
Conditions and Treatments
- Critical Care
- Respiratory Physiology
- Balloon Pulmonary Angioplasty
- Balloon Pulmonary Angioplasty (BPA)
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy (PTE)
- Pulmonary Vascular Disease