About William B. Pearse, MD
William Pearse, MD is a board-certified hematology/medical oncology physician who specializes in the treatment of blood disorders and blood cancers.
As an assistant professor of medicine UC San Diego School of Medicine, Dr. Pearse works with a multidisciplinary healthcare team that strives to deliver the best possible comprehensive medical care. He is passionate about medical education and strives to ensure that his patients gain a strong understanding of their medical conditions.
In addition to managing patient care, Dr. Pearse has a strong interest in clinical research, particularly in immunosuppression-associated hematologic disorders. He has experience conducting clinical trials in hematologic malignancies and is passionate about quality care delivery in healthcare systems. His research has been published in several peer-reviewed medical journals and he has presented his work at national and international conferences.
Dr. Pearse completed his hematology and medical oncology fellowship at Northwestern University in Chicago, where he served as chief fellow. He completed residency training at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Ill. Dr. Pearse earned his medical degree at the Chicago Medical School.
Dr. Pearse holds board certifications in internal medicine, hematology, and medical oncology. He is a member of the American Society of Hematology (ASH), The Society of Hematologic Oncology (SOHO), and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
In his free time, Dr. Pearse enjoys working with community choral groups, reading literature, and spending time with his family.
- Chicago Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Loyola University, Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- Northwestern University, School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Conditions and Treatments
- Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas
- Post-transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorders (PTLD)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Monoclonal Gammopathy of Undetermined Significance (MGUS)
- Plasma Cell Disorders
- Benign Hematology
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Platelet Disorders
- Blood Cancer
- Blood Disorders
- Cancer Immunotherapy
- Choose UC San Diego Health for truly personalized cancer care at San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center.