About Jennifer Yang, MD
Jennifer Yang, MD, is a board-certified neurologist who specializes in genetic white matter disorders including leukodystrophy, primary mitochondrial disease and related neurometabolic disorders at UC San Diego Health. She also cares for pediatric patients at Rady Children's Hospital.
Dr. Yang is an assistant professor of neurosciences at UC San Diego School of Medicine and in the division of pediatric neurology at Rady Children's Hospital. Her research interests include long-term outcomes and treatment of autoimmune encephalitis in children and improving translational diagnostics in mitochondrial disease.
Dr. Yang completed a fellowship in neuroimmunology and neurometabolics at UC San Diego and Rady Children's Hospital. She completed residency training in child neurology at UC San Diego School of Medicine where she served as chief resident. Dr. Yang earned her medical degree from University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, Ala.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Neurological Care.
- University of Alabama, School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- UC San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
- UC San Diego School of Medicine / Rady Children’s Hospital, San Diego, CA
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology
- Child Neurology
Conditions and Treatments
- Demyelinating Diseases
- Genetic White Matter Disorders (GWMD)
- Primary Mitochondrial Disease
- Neurometabolic Disorders