About Julia McPherson, MD
Julia McPherson, MD, is a board-certified family medicine doctor. She provides primary care for patients of all ages, including preventive care and treatment of acute and chronic diseases. She also provides inpatient care at UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest.
As an assistant professor, she trains medical students and residents at UC San Diego School of Medicine where she has a special interest in curriculum development.
Prior to joining UC San Diego Health, she was a hospitalist physician at the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. McPherson completed residency training at Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia where she was chief resident. She earned her medical degree from University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison. She is board certified in family medicine.
Outside of work, she enjoys rollerblading, biking and hiking with her dog.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information on family medicine, see Primary Care.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Family Medicine
Conditions and Treatments
- Care for All Ages
- Comprehensive Care for the Individual and Family
- Management of Common and Long-Term Illnesses in Children and Adults
- Family Practice
- Care of Chronic Diseases
- Geriatric Medicine
- Women's Health