- CancerGastrointestinal Cancers
About Arlene Ortega, MSN, NP-C, AOCNP
Arlene Ortega, MSN, is a board-certified nurse practitioner (NP-C) and an advanced oncology certified nurse practitioner (AOCNP). She helps care for patients with gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary cancers such as cancers of the esophagus, gallbladder, liver, pancreas, stomach, small intestine, colon, appendix and anus, as well as gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST). Her aim is to provide compassionate and empathetic care and be a supportive presence to patients as they navigate their cancer journey.
Prior to joining UC San Diego, Ms. Ortega provided care in gynecologic oncology at a private practice in San Diego. As a registered nurse, she cared for patients with various oncologic and hematologic conditions at several hospital systems in California, including Sharp HealthCare, Stanford Health, UC San Diego Health, UC San Francisco Health, and the VA San Diego Healthcare System.
She obtained a master's degree in nursing from University of San Diego Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science and her bachelor's degree in nursing from San Diego State University. Ms. Ortega is a member of the Advanced Practitioner Society of Hematology and Oncology, Oncology Nursing Society and American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
In her free time, she enjoys reading, traveling and enjoying a cup of cold brew coffee. She speaks conversational Indonesian.
- San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
- University of San Diego Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science, San Diego, CA
Date Joined Staff
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner
Conditions and Treatments
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Esophageal and Hepatobiliary Cancers
- Liver Cancer
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST)
- Choose UC San Diego Health for truly personalized cancer care at San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center.