During open enrollment, choose San Diego's best health care. Get started.
- Pulmonology (Lung)Critical Care, Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy (PTE), Pulmonary Vascular Disease
About W. Cameron McGuire, MD, MPH
W. Cameron McGuire, MD, is a pulmonologist who focuses on pulmonary vascular disease. He is a member of the pulmonary embolism care team at UC San Diego Health.
His research interests include pulmonary physiology and pulmonary vascular medicine, and their overlap in the intensive care unit.
He completed his pulmonary and critical care medicine fellowship at UC San Diego School of Medicine. He completed his residency training in internal medicine at University of Colorado School of Medicine where he served as chief resident in his final year. Dr. McGuire earned his medical degree from Tulane University School of Medicine. He also has a master's degree in public health from Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine.
In his free time, he enjoys cooking, travel, jazz, history and classic movies.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Pulmonary Vascular Medicine.
- Tulane University, School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO
- UC San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
- Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, LA
Date Joined Staff
Conditions and Treatments
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Thromboembolic Disease
- Critical Care
- Pulmonary Clinical Trials
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Vascular Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy (PTE)
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH)