Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for UC San Diego Health patients and visitors. Learn More.
- Obstetrics & GynecologyGeneral Gynecology
About Michael E. Cardenas, MD, FACOG
Michael E. Cardenas, MD is a board-certified obstetrician/gynecologist who provides comprehensive obstetric and gynecological care.
Dr. Cardenas has extensive experience as an obstetrician/gynecologist at hospitals and medical centers in California, Puerto Rico and Kuwait for the United States Navy.
He completed his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth and earned his medical degree from Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine in Hershey.
Dr. Cardenas is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information on obstetrical care, see Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Portsmouth, VA
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Conditions and Treatments
- General Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Prenatal Care
- Women’s Health
- Common Gynecological Issues