Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for UC San Diego Health patients and visitors. Learn More.
- Obstetrics & GynecologyUrogynecology
About Marianna Alperin, MD
Marianna Alperin, MD, MS, is a board-certified female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery expert who specializes in diagnosing and treating pelvic floor conditions, including urinary and fecal incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse.
As an associate professor in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Dr. Alperin instructs medical students and residents and trains surgeons during their female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery fellowship.
Dr. Alperin has an active research program, supported by the National Institutes of Health, which focuses on the pathophysiology of pelvic floor disorders.
She completed a fellowship in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine's Magee-Womens Hospital, and a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Harvard Medical School's Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Alperin earned her medical degree from St. Louis University School of Medicine. She holds a master's degree in clinical research and design from the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Alperin is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery.
She is fluent in Russian and conversant in Spanish.
For more information, see Women's Pelvic Medicine Center.
- St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
Conditions and Treatments
- Female Urinary or Fecal Incontinence
- Vaginal or Uterine Prolapse
- Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Pelvic Floor Reconstruction
- Pelvic Floor Surgery
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery