COVID-19 updates, including vaccine information, for our patients and visitors, Learn More
- Pulmonology (Lung)Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care
About Wael ElMaraachli, MD
Wael ElMaraachli, MD, is a board-certified pulmonologist focusing on diagnosis and treatment of non-tuberculosis mycobacterial (NTM) lung infections, latent and active tuberculosis (TB) and bronchiectasis. He is also a board-certified critical care specialist and treats patients in intensive care.
His research is focused on finding better diagnostic methods and treatments for NTM infections and drug-resistant tuberculosis. He is also examining whether collecting cough aerosol samples, as opposed to sputum samples, might be a more efficient approach to diagnosing lung infections.
Dr. ElMaraachli completed a fellowship in pulmonology and critical care medicine at UC San Diego School of Medicine and his residency training at University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine in Iowa City. He earned his medical degree at American University of Beirut in Lebanon.
Dr. ElMaraachli sees patients at a specialty clinic for NTM and TB infections, as well as at a general pulmonary disease clinic. He also cares for people in the intensive care unit.
In addition to the locations above, Dr. ElMaraachli also sees patients in Murrieta and Wildomar.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine.
- American University of Beirut (AUB), Beirut, Lebanon
- University of Iowa, College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
- Critical Care Medicine
Conditions and Treatments
- Non-Tuberculous Mycobacterial Lung Infections
- Critical Care
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)