Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for UC San Diego Health patients and visitors. Learn More.
New Patient Registration:
About Vinko Zlomislic, MD
Vinko Zlomislic, MD, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the surgical and nonsurgical management of cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine disorders. His expertise includes treating degenerative conditions of the cervical and lumbar spine, spinal trauma and infections, and spinal reconstruction for complex spinal deformity and tumors. Dr. Zlomislic emphasizes nonoperative management, recommending surgery only when conservative measures have failed. If surgical treatment is necessary, he uses minimally invasive methods whenever possible.
Dr. Zlomislic believes in a patient-centered approach and is passionate about educating patients and their families so that they understand their spinal condition and all treatment options available to them.
As an associate professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UC San Diego School of Medicine, Dr. Zlomislic trains residents and fellows. He has coauthored numerous book chapters and papers, and has presented at national meetings and conferences.
Dr. Zlomislic completed his spine surgery fellowship at UC San Diego School of Medicine and his residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Washington School of Medicine and Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. He earned his medical degree from Michigan State University College of Medicine, where he earned Alpha Omega Alpha honors. Dr. Zlomislic is board certified in orthopaedic surgery.
He is a member of numerous medical organizations and societies, including the North American Spine Society, the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery, and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Orthopedics and Sports Medicine.
- Michigan State University, College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, MI
- University of Washington, School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
Conditions and Treatments
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Cervical and Lumbar Spine Conditions
- Minimally and Less Invasive Approaches for Complex Spinal Deformity and Trauma
- Spinal Reconstruction for Complex Spinal Deformity and Tumors
- Spinal Trauma and Infections