COVID-19 updates, including vaccine information, for our patients and visitors, Learn More
About Douglas Rahn, MD
Douglas Rahn, MD, is a radiation oncologist with specialized training and experience in a variety of radiation therapy techniques, including radiosurgery, stereotactic body radiation therapy, intensity-modulated radiation therapy and electronic brachytherapy. He treats a wide range of cancer types, including skin, central nervous system, head and neck, lung, breast, genitourinary, gastrointestinal and lymphoma.
Dr. Rahn's research focuses on stereotactic body radiotherapy for lung cancer, palliative radiotherapy for children with cancer, radiosurgery for brain metastases, and safety in radiation oncology. He has published studies in numerous journals, including Cancer, Practical Radiation Oncology, and International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics.
Dr. Rahn completed his residency training at UC San Diego School of Medicine, where he served as chief resident. He completed an internship at Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego, and earned his medical degree from the University of Virginia. He is board certified in radiation oncology. He is member of the American College of Radiation Oncology.
Dr. Rahn has been named a top doctor in San Diego Magazine's "Physicians of Exceptional Excellence" annual survey performed in collaboration with the San Diego County Medical Society.
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
- Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego, CA
- Radiation Oncology
- American Board of Radiology
Conditions and Treatments
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Tumors
- Lung Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Electronic Brachytherapy
San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Chose UC San Diego Health for truly personalized cancer care at San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center.