COVID-19 updates, including vaccine information, for our patients and visitors, Learn More
- Pulmonology (Lung)Critical Care, Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy (PTE), Pulmonary Vascular Disease
About Timothy M. Fernandes, MD, MPH
Timothy Fernandes, MD, MPH, is a board-certified pulmonologist who focuses on pulmonary vascular disease. He has a special interest in caring for patients who have venous thromboembolism, pulmonary arterial hypertension, and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension.
Dr. Fernandes is active in clinical research investigating the progression of acute pulmonary embolism to chronic thromboembolic disease (CTEPH), and patient outcomes following pulmonary endarterectomy (PTE) surgery. He has been awarded the CHEST Foundation Clinical Research Grant in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, and the Thrombosis and Hemostasis Summit of North America Travel Award.
Dr. Fernandes completed his fellowship training at UC San Diego School of Medicine and his residency at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, where he served as chief medical resident from 2009-2010. He earned his medical degree at University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. Dr. Fernandes is board certified in critical care medicine, pulmonary disease and internal medicine and is a fellow of the College of Chest Physicians.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Pulmonary Vascular Medicine.
- University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
- Critical Care Medicine
Conditions and Treatments
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension
- Thromboembolic Disease
- Critical Care
- Pulmonary Clinical Trials
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH)
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy (PTE)
- Pulmonary Vascular Disease