COVID-19 updates, including vaccine information, for our patients and visitors, Learn More
- GastroenterologyGI Cancer, Interventional Endoscopy / Pancreas & Bile Ducts
About Gobind S. Anand, MD
Gobind Anand, MD, is a board-certified gastroenterologist with expertise in complex endoscopic procedures for disorders of the digestive tract. These include esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), colonoscopy, endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for Barrett's esophagus, and endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR).
Dr. Anand's research focus is on diseases of the pancreas. He received the 2017 American College of Gastroenterology Clinical Research Award for his research on pancreatic cysts. He has authored multiple papers published in GI journals and presented his research at national conferences.
He completed his gastroenterology fellowship, which included a focused year of advanced endoscopy training, at UC San Diego School of Medicine. He also served as the chief gastroenterology fellow. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, where he was also a chief resident / assistant chief of service. Dr. Anand earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. He is board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology.
Dr. Anand is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the American Gastroenterology Association.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Gastroenterology.
- University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Conditions and Treatments
- Upper GI Endoscopy
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Gastric Cancer
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy
- Esophageal and Hepatobiliary Cancers
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)