For more information on our recent data notice, please click here
- Hepatology (Liver)
- TransplantationLiver Transplantation
New Patient Registration:
Existing Patients:MyUCSDChart Login
About Veeral Ajmera, MD
Veeral Ajmera, MD, is a board-certified gastroenterologist who treats patients with chronic liver disease, including those with cirrhosis. He also has expertise with fatty liver disease and liver transplantation.
As an assistant professor in the Department of Medicine, Dr. Ajmera conducts research on non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and the hepatitis B virus. His work has been published widely in peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. Ajmera completed fellowships in gastroenterology and transplant hepatology at UC San Francisco (UCSF) and did an internal medicine residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School. He earned his medical degree from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and a master's degree in clinical research from UCSF. He is board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology.
Dr. Ajmera is a member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society of Transplantation.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Liver Center.
- University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- UC San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA
- University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Conditions and Treatments
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Scarring of the Liver (Cirrhosis)
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- Transplant Hepatology