For more information on our recent data notice, please click here
- Pulmonology (Lung)Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy (PTE), Pulmonary Vascular Disease
New Patient Registration:
Existing Patients:MyUCSDChart Login
About Melissa D. Stinson, MS, ANP-BC, CCRN
Melissa Stinson, MS, is a board-certified adult nurse practitioner (ANP-BC), clinical nurse specialist (CNS) and critical care registered nurse (CCRN) who treats people with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH). She manages the complex care of patients who are undergoing pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE) surgery and balloon pulmonary angioplasty (BPA).
Prior to joining UC San Diego Health in 2014, Stinson was a nurse practitioner with Scripps Clinic Medical Group and a clinical nurse at Sharp Memorial Hospital.
She earned her Master of Science in nursing and a bachelor's degree in applied arts and sciences with an emphasis in nursing from San Diego State University.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Cardiovascular Services.
- San Diego State University School of Nursing, San Diego, CA
- San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
Date Joined Staff
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Acute/Critical Care Nursing
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
Conditions and Treatments
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH)