- CancerUrologic Cancer
About Archana Ajmera, MSN, ANP-BC, AOCNP
Archana Ajmera, MSN, is a board-certified adult nurse practitioner (ANP-BC) and an advanced oncology certified nurse practitioner (AOCNP). She helps treat people with prostate cancer, renal cell carcinoma, urothelial carcinoma, testicular germ cell tumors and penile carcinoma. Her scope of practice includes collaborating with her physician colleagues in physical evaluations, diagnosis, treatment, symptom management, supportive care, and end of life care.
Prior to joining UC San Diego Health, Mrs. Ajmera was an oncology nurse practitioner at UC San Francisco, where she cared for adults with hematologic malignancies and bone marrow transplant candidates, as well as women receiving breast cancer treatment. She was also an oncology nurse practitioner at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, where she managed the care of women undergoing treatment with surgery and chemotherapy for gynecologic malignancies.
Mrs. Ajmera obtained a master's degree in nursing from MGH Institute of Health Professions School of Nursing in Boston. She earned her bachelor's degree in nutritional science from UC Berkeley.
She is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN).
Outside of work, Mrs. Ajmera enjoys spending time with her family, dancing, and traveling.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Prostate Cancer.
- UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- MGH Institute of Health Professions School of Nursing, Boston, MA
Date Joined Staff
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation
- Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner
- National Certification Corporation - Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner
Conditions and Treatments
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Choose UC San Diego Health for truly personalized cancer care at San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center.