About Monica Guma, MD, PhD
Monica Guma, MD, PhD, is a rheumatologist who treats a variety of musculoskeletal diseases and autoimmune conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis and spondyloarthritis.
Dr. Guma has been with the Department of Medicine at UC San Diego since 2013. She is also a biomedical scientist, with interest in finding new biomarkers and therapeutic targets for inflammatory arthritis. Her research focuses on the control of intracellular signaling by metabolic changes after cell activation.
Dr. Guma completed a fellowship in rheumatology at UC San Diego School of Medicine. She earned her medical degree from the University Autonomous of Barcelona, where she also completed her residency. Dr. Guma earned her PhD from Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona and her postdoctoral research training at UC San Diego.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Rheumatology.
- Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
- Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain
- Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.
Date Joined Staff
Conditions and Treatments
- Inflammatory Arthritis and Autoimmune Diseases
- Translational Research
- Rheumatoid Arthritis