COVID-19 updates, including vaccine information, for our patients and visitors, Learn More
- RehabilitationPhysical Therapy
About Kaitlin Nuthall, DPT
Katie Nuthall, DPT, is a licensed physical therapist who specializes in neurological conditions, vestibular dysfunction, and inpatient critical care rehabilitation for stroke survivors. Dr. Nuthall is also a part of the Acoustic Neuroma Program at UC San Diego Health and works with people before and after surgery, and throughout their recovery process.
Prior to joining UC San Diego Health, she was a physical therapist at Palomar Medical Center. Dr. Nuthall earned a doctoral degree in physical therapy from University of Illinois at Chicago and a bachelor's degree in Spanish from Centre College in Danville, Ky.
Outside of work, Dr. Nuthall enjoys hiking, yoga, cycling, and scuba diving. She also enjoys traveling and spending time with her dog, Kai. She speaks fluent Spanish.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Rehabilitation Services.
- Centre College, Danville, KY
- University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
Date Joined Staff
Conditions and Treatments
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Rehabilitation for Stroke
- Vestibular Dysfunction
- Rehabilitation for Neurological Conditions
- When Donna was diagnosed with a rare, non-cancerous brain tumor, called an acoustic neuroma, she decided to take action and become involved in her health. She learned about her condition and searched, far and wide, for a care team that would be a good fit for her. In this video, she discusses her decision to come to UC San Diego Health for treatment and her road to recovery after a successful surgery to remove the tumor. Her story is empowering and gives us all strength to face into whatever comes our way honestly and with grace.