Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for UC San Diego Health patients and visitors. Learn More.
- GastroenterologyGeneral Gastroenterology, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
New Patient Registration:
About John B. Dever, MD
John Dever, MD, is a board-certified gastroenterologist who diagnoses and treats patients with acid reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, and other diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver. Dr. Dever focuses on wellness, brain-gut-microbiome axis physiology, and longevity.
As an assistant professor in the Department of Medicine, Dr. Dever trains medical students, residents and fellows at UC San Diego School of Medicine. His research has been published in multiple top peer-reviewed journals. He is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology and the American Gastroenterology Association.
Dr. Dever completed a fellowship in gastroenterology at UCSF School of Medicine (Fresno) and a residency in internal medicine at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle. He earned his medical degree from Saba University School of Medicine in the Dutch Caribbean. Dr. Dever is board certified in gastroenterology and internal medicine.
Outside of work, Dr. Dever enjoys reading, spending time with his family, exercising, high-intensity training, and mindfulness meditation.
UC San Diego Health Links
For more information, see Gastroenterology.
- Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Caribbean Netherlands
- Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- UC San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Conditions and Treatments
- Esophageal Motility Disorders
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Acid Reflux