COVID-19 updates, including vaccine information, for our patients and visitors, Learn More
About Peter Vu, MD
Peter Vu, MD, MS, is a medical oncologist who specializes in the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers using chemotherapy, targeted therapy, novel immunotherapies and cellular therapies.
As an assistant professor of medicine, Dr. Vu trains medical students, residents, and fellows. Dr. Vu's research focuses on the development of clinical trials and immunotherapy biomarkers at UC San Diego School of Medicine. He has presented and published research on precision medicine and targeted therapies for cancer treatment.
Dr. Vu completed hematology/oncology and immunotherapy fellowships at UC San Diego School of Medicine. He completed residencies at Loyola University in Chicago and Georgetown University in Washington, DC. Dr. Vu earned his medical degree from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in Chicago. He is board certified in internal medicine and medical oncology.
He is a member of several professional organizations including the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Society of Hematology.
Outside of work, Dr. Vu enjoys spending time with his growing family. He is learning how to surf and play the guitar. Dr. Vu also enjoys travel and photography.
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
- Loyola University, Chicago, IL
- Georgetown University, School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL
Date Joined Staff
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Conditions and Treatments
- Adoptive Cellular Therapy
- Cancer Immunotherapy
- Cancers of the Colon
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Precision Medicine / Personalized Therapy
- Solid Tumors
San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Choose UC San Diego Health for truly personalized cancer care at San Diego's only Comprehensive Cancer Center.