New Patient Registration:
About Rodrigo J. Fernandez, MD
Rodrigo Fernandez, MD, is a board-certified physician providing primary care in Chula Vista. He is a member of UC San Diego Health Physician Network.
UC San Diego Health Physician Network is an alliance of health care providers based in San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties. Members of the network collaborate on developing shared systems, infrastructure and quality initiatives to provide high-value health care in the region.
As an internal medicine doctor, Dr. Fernandez provides preventive care and treatment of acute and chronic diseases and injuries for adults. He has significant experience in caring for people with kidney diseases.
Dr. Fernandez completed his fellowship in nephrology and hypertension at UC San Diego School of Medicine. He completed residency training at Southern Illinois University Affiliated Hospitals. Dr. Fernandez earned his medical degree from Universidad Mayor de San Marcos in Lima, Peru. He is board certified in internal medicine with a subspecialty in nephrology. Dr. Fernandez is a fellow of both the American College of Physicians and the American Society of Nephrology.
- Universidad Mayor de San Marcos, Lima, Peru
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
- UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- This provider is an affiliate of the UC San Diego Health Physician Network but is not employed by UC San Diego Health.